Sunday, December 11, 2005

I Don't Need a Scentometer Up My Nose!

Tuesday, December 6, 2005 RES STINKS
Wednesday, December 7, 2005 RES STINKS
Paul Vitzthum, head of the air program, Missouri Department of Natural Resources-Springfield Region(MDNR) said that there was "an odor but no detection". "Weve never said there wasn't an odor." He said that the odor wasn't discernibly different from the odors MDNR continues to monitor on a consistent basis. Well, at least he got that right. RES STINKS!

Carthage City Attorney David Mounton was quoted in The Carthage Press, Thursday, December 8, 2005, "There was a lot (of odors) coming from somewhere. They know what smells they were getting and what they're smelling now. I don't need a scentometer up my nose to tell me that there was a smell. I don't think that the people of Carthage need one either. The people of Carthage have been very patient".

There are only 4 businesses operating in the Carthage (Industrial)Bottoms: Conagra's ButterBall plant, Schreiber Food's cheese plant, ADM's mill, and Renewable Environmental Solutions, LLC(RES). I have lived in Carthage for 15+ years. Never in the last 15+ years (before the RES plant was built) did Carthage stink like it does now. Never in the last 15+ years (before the RES plant was built) did the Carthage citizens, the Carthage City Council, the MDNR, the Missouri Attorney's General, and the Governor have a need to talk about stink in Carthage.

So what has changed? RES STINKS. What more needs to be said? I agree with City Attorney Mounton, I don't need a scentometer (stinkometer) up my nose either. RES STINKS! Did anyone bother to check and see if MDNR's scentometer is even calibrated correctly? Did anyone bother to check and see if MDNR's scentometer is even operable? Did anyone bother to check and see in MDNR's staff is even trained to operate the scentometer? Hey guys, it stinks. Get rid of the polluters!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home