Monday, November 07, 2005

Meeting in Springfield, MO Today

The Joplin Globe, Monday, November 7, 2005, reported that a meeting was to be held today in Springfield, MO, including: Carthage City Attorney David Mouton, Carthage Mayor Kenneth Johnson, Carthage City Administrator Tom Short, officials with Missouri Attorney General's Office, officials with Missouri Department of Natural Resources, and representatives from Renewable Environmental Solutions LLC (RES). The purpose of the meeting was to get updates on odor-control efforts by RES. http://www.joplinglobe.com/story.php?story_id=211205&c=87

I want to know when RES is going to pay the fine. I resent the fact that my/our taxes are going to pay for all of this litigation, monitoring, staff time and inconvenience, and RES hasn't paid $1 in fines. The last time I looked, they had six pending $10,000 fines for previous violations. If they were paying fines, I bet that they would be more interested in solving the problem(s) quickly. I say enough odors and excuses, MAKE THEM PAY!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home